Whether a design engineer is creating a mobile device or wearable that’s incorporating augmented reality (AR), it is important to be aware of the advanced circuit protection solutions and board layout strategies that safeguard these highly valued devices and their end users. In this article, you’ll learn the answers to these important questions:
Five Important ESD Protection Considerations for Mobile & Wearables
- Smaller Form Factors: How small is small enough?
- Choosing the right ESD diode: Unidirectional or bidirectional?
- Where should the ESD diode(s) be located for maximum effectiveness?
- What are the “ESD” trace routing considerations?
- Why are HBM, Machine Model (MM), and Charged Device Model (CDM) definitions important?
Complete the form to download the article.