LED Lighting SPD Module Design and Installation Guide
New high-efficiency LEDs, new government regulations, and the growing demand for cost-effective lighting solutions are making outdoor LED lighting more popular than ever. But the cost of replacing hundreds or thousands of legacy lights with LED luminaires can be substantial. To keep these new lights operating safely and reliably so they can pay back their initial investment, robust protection against damage caused by transient surges in AC power lines and temporary over-voltages is essential.
The LED Lighting Surge Protection Device (SPD) Module Design and Installation Guide offers a clear, easy-to-read overview of the challenges involved in designing circuit protection for a wide variety of LED luminaires.
- Indirect lightning-induced surges
- Regional differences in lightning frequency
- Components that protect against induced surge events
- Modular solutions vs. solutions embedded into the power supply unit
- Thermally protected metal oxide varistors for surge protection device safety
- Over-voltage testing in UL 1449 and IEC 61643-11
- Coordination between the SPD and the power supply unit
to reduce “surge let-through”
- Power supply unit design considerations
(fuse, equivalent resistance, tvs diode)
- Wiring guide
- Installation guide
Complete the form to download your free copy of the
design and installation guide.