When selecting sensors, do you know the right questions to ask?
Design engineers and purchasing professionals need to look beyond price and delivery when specifying sensors for a new appliance design. It’s essential to know the answers to these questions before placing an order:
- Are the vendor and manufacturer the same organization?
- Does the vendor offer a broad range of sensors that address all of your requirements?
- What other kinds of components does a specific sensor supplier offer?
- Does the sensor supplier offer application engineering assistance?
- Does the supplier offer custom engineering and development capabilities?
- Can the sensor supplier guarantee sufficient capacity to handle large orders reliably?
- For magnetic sensors, does the supplier also provide the magnetic actuator?
- Is the sensor manufacturer involved with industrial standards development efforts?
This white paper also includes a section on making sense of the five different types of sensor technologies.
Complete the form to download the article.